As we’ve chronicled, the folks behind Uber definitely have some balls. That’s why this standoff between the New York City Taxi and Limo Commission and the Bay Area-based startup is so fascinating. It reminds me of a very well-worn saying in startup land: “Ask for forgiveness, not permission.” The NYC TLC has some sort of existing contract with Verifone and others for its current payments processing system, which precludes Uber Taxi from functioning as intended in its New York launch. Uber Taxi, in addition to UberX, is one of Uber’s lower cost options and makes the company more competitive with peer-to-peer transportation upstarts like Lyft and Sidecar.
- University library starts ‘drone loan’ program for students
- Twitter’s latest experiment rethinks the retweet
- Engadget Daily: Google I/O 2014, the deal with Android Wear and more!
- Airbus’s X3 Prototype Uses Three Rotors to Break Airspeed Records
- Scientist discover new material that makes objects invisible to touch
Mr WordPress on Hello world!